What is a cookie?
Cookies are files installed on the computer or other device from which you access our website with the purposes described herein.
Cookies are essential for internet operation, providing innumerable advantages in interactive service delivery, making browsing easier and enhancing the usability of our website. Cookies cannot damage your computer; indeed, the cookies enabled on our site simply help us identify and solve errors.
What sorts of cookies are there?
The information provided below will help you understand the different types of cookies.
Cookies can be classified as follows:
– Depending on the time they are enabled on your computer or terminal, they can be: session or persistent cookies – the first are erased when you close your browser, while the second remain in the computer.
– Depending on the organisation that manages them, they can be: proprietary or third-party cookies, according to whether they belong to the website holder or a third party.
– Depending on the purpose, they can be:
- Technical cookies: these cookies let you browse a website, platform or app and use the different options or services that exist on them such as, for example, to control data traffic and communication, identify sessions, provide access to restricted access sections, remember the items in an order, perform the order purchase process, enable a request to sign up to or engage in an event, use security elements during browsing, store content for video or sound broadcasting or share content on social networks.
- Customisation cookies: these cookies let you access a service with certain predefined general features depending on a series of criteria in your terminal such as, for example, the language, the browser type used to access the service, the regional configuration or settings from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies enable their controller to track, record and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked to compile user browsing profiles of the sites, apps and platforms in order to make improvements in accordance with the analysis of the use data that service users make of them.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies enable the most effective management of the advertising spaces which, where applicable, the publisher has included on the website, app or platform from which the sought service is provided, based on criteria such as published content or frequency with which advertisements are shown.
- Behaviour cookies: these cookies enable the most effective management of the advertising spaces which, where applicable, the publisher has included on the website. They store information on user behaviour obtained through the ongoing observation of the user’s browsing habits, making it possible to develop a dedicated profile to display advertising in accordance with the profile.
The same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Which cookies do we use?
On our website we analyse practical and simple cookies of services that almost all professional websites have. We therefore use the following applications to obtain and analyse browsing information:
- Session cookies: to remember your user name and password when you browse the site. These are erased when you close the browser.
- Google Analytics: in this case the purpose of the cookies is to know how often you log onto our site and the content that interests you most. This tool does not obtain data on your name or surname or the postal address from where you log on. These cookies generate an anonymous user ID which is the one used to count how many times you visit the site. They also record the first and last time you visited our site. They furthermore calculate when a session ended, the origin of the user and keywords. The information obtained is related to matters such as the number of pages you visit, the language, the social network where our news is published, the city to which the IP address from where you access the site is assigned, the number of users who visit us, the frequency and recurrence of visits, the time of the visit, the browser used, the operator or type of terminal from where the visit is made. For more information: www.google.com/analytics/ and https://www.google.com/intl/es_es/policies/privacy/.
- Social network plug-in: the purpose is to allow you to share content with the members of a particular social network, (Facebook, Twitter, etc., i.e., the social networks that embed the cookie)
- Google Maps: cookies such as _NID and _PREF log the origin of the user and keywords. They also generate a single prefix which is the one used to count how many times you visit the site.
We use the information gathered via cookies to improve our site, make information more accessible to you, detect new needs and assess improvements to make in order to enhance your browsing experience.
How to reject cookies
You can permit, learn about, block or erase the cookies installed in your computer or other device by using the options settings on your browser.
Each browser has specific settings instructions. Below are links with information on the most popular browsers:
- Firefox: click here
- Chrome: click here
- Explorer: click here
- Safari: click here
- Opera: click here
- Zopim: click here
What happens if cookies are disabled?
If you block or don’t accept the installation of cookies, some of the services that our website offers and which require their use may be disabled and will therefore not be available to you, meaning you will be unable to make full use of our site and the applications we offer. The operating quality of the website may also be negatively affected.